(You said that your mother would give you for school a drop of oil on bread?) Yes. Yes. With a few drops. So I asked for a few more drops. So she told me, “What?” she scrame at me, “I need the oil for Shabbath. Do not speak speak at all, that's enough!” Afterwords I went and gave the bread with the drops of oil, I gave it to a poor man. There was in Tiberius a couple, an elder man and elder lady, and he would go begging. So I wanted to do charity and kindness, I took the bread, I didn't have money, I took the bread which my mother gave me and I went to the old man, this Jew, and I gave it to him. His name was Yosef Noach, that was his name, for I remember till this day his name, Yosef Noach, two names. This was after Succos and after the (weekly Torah portion of) Biraishes came the weekly portion Noach, and on Sunday I went and joyously gave him the bread with the drops of olive oil, I thought that I did great charity, he and his wife would eat, yes.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Shanah Tovah Umetukah! Summary of Rabbi Nachman’s Last Lesson, Tik’u vachodesh shofar, Likutei Moharan II #8
It was Rabbi Nachman’s last Rosh Hashanah in his physical lifetime, and the first Rosh Hashanah he spent in Uman (in Ukraine). He became gravely ill over Rosh Hashanah, coughing up copious blood due to tuberculosis. Despite this he said this discourse, his last. He passed away several days later, 4thday Sukkot, 1810, z"tzukl z"yaa (See Chayey Moharan).
1. The Proper Rebuker needs the Voice that is like the River, like the Shofar, aspect of the simple, double, triple, quadruple Song: Y Y”K YK”W YKW”K.
2. To attain this voice is through prayer, which must be in compassion and pleading, which depends on Knowledge. When the Other Side feeds on our Knowledge then Knowledge is blemished and then cravings come and prayers are in the aspect of judgement. The Other Side swallows these prayers.
3. In that case we need a Prayer Master who can pray in the aspect of judgement, aspect of Pinchas. The Other Side will swallow his prayer but will be forced to vomit it out along with all the holinesses it devoured. Converts are made.
4. Converts are the aspect of Thunder, and the glory of Hashem is publicized by them.
5. Through revelation of God’s glory, prophecy is spread. But the Exile is like annulment of prophecy.
6. Revelation of God’s glory, like the shining forth of the sun, leads to healing and forgiveness of sins, for sins are like darkness. All this is attained by prayer, which gets multiplied by adding people. But when the prayer is not fit, the Tzaddiq may suffer for the people, God forbid.
7. Through the spread of prophecy, the imagination is repaired, and so is faith.
8. So we must beg Hashem for the true Leader who has the prophetic spirit.
9. And via faith will be renewal of the world to come, which is through mercies.
10. Then the entire world will be conducted in the aspect of Supervision, like the Land of Israel is, and then the New Song will be awoken, which is the melody of Supervision, aspect of Wonders. Mashiach and repair of the smell are attained.
11. This is aspect of Rosh Hashanah, when the prayer is aspect of judgment. This relates to repair of the head and knowledge and to the shofar blasts and the New Song and Tishrei.
12. The lung relates to all these aspects, i.e. the Knowledge, converts, glory, prophecy, imagination, renewal of the world, the New Song, repair of smell and awe. These aspects explain the story with Og in Berakhot 54 and also the verse “Tik’u vachodesh shofar/Blow the shofar on the new moon…” nanach.net
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
In any event, afterwords my condition improved, so I said to my mother, “I am very weak, I need a little meat with soup.” she gave me three coins, the equivalent of today's three grueshim, I went to the Hotel Shefer where the mother of Yisroel Shefer (Saba Yisroel's son-in-law, today the manager of advisors to the president of Israel) was. She was a good cook, yes. She (mother) gave me three gruesh to buy soup with a piece of meat, a piece of chicken. Nu Nu, I tasted the soup, I didn't taste soup at home in along time due to the dire poverty, I felt a good taste, yes. But H”Y returned to me my soul with miracles, I saw this a many times, miracles, miracles, H”Y showed me that he gives me to live. Yes. (So this healed you?) Yes, but she gave me a little, maybe two or three times. I needed many times, a week or two weeks, I am living by miracle. There was dire poverty and they accepted everything with love and happiness, father and mother … yes.
Monday, September 26, 2011
The milk of mother finished, so I took it out... (he wanted to feed more milk). So she said to me, “you are already big. You are not embarrassed? What is with you?” So I started to cry, “I want the intellect!”
Also, I remember when I was two years old, then I was very sick, and I had a war with the angel of death. I felt like I was about to die, as a child younger than 10. In any event, I was very sick and I became very weak, because someone who is sick, it is necessary to give him something to bring life to his soul. Milk, she gave me milk with water... so I said: “give me milk!” but she didn't have, so I said to her: “you give me milk with water?! I want just milk!”
Sunday, September 25, 2011
When we speak of Our Holy Master, Rabbi Nussun (said -), and all the various praises that we say, they do not reach even a drop in the ocean of their grandeur, yes. Rabbi Nussun said this. I say just the words of Rabbi Nussun, yes. However, Rabbi Yisroel Karduner and the followers of Our Master, it is necessary to speak of them, yes, but not everything. Everything is just Our Master, it is he, he who rose over everything/ The main thing is Our Master. If only there was truth in the world, and our fellow followers... and they would speak of this, and publicize the name of Our Master, what Our Master is, redemption would have came already' the world would have already been drawn to Our Master. But the falsehood divides and blinds, the falsehood blinds the eyes, yes. But H”Y – we are forbidden to contemplate/doubt/question H”Y... yes, the time will come... more... yes, it will come, the time will come He will remove the falsehood from the world and He will reveal and it will be revealed the truth, yes. Just we must believe and strengthen ourselves with/in prayer. To pray, just like that, to speak with H”Y from the lips, to study from a book or to say Likutay Tefilos, what is written in the book.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Rebbe Nachman Says… The Teachings of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov as
Taught by Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach z”tl.
In this book you will learn how to find true happiness, meaning in
life, and soul fulfillment. In this book Rebbe Nachmans deep teachings
are explained by Rebbe Shlomo Carlebach in such a simple way that
everyone can understand them.
Quotes from inside the book:
“Our holy master Rebbe Nachman says: The greatest gift we can give
someone is to give him back his self confidence.
Rebbe Nachman says, “Never give up.”
When someone talks, he’s using worldly tools. Singing, however, comes
from the world which is beyond Creation. When someone is singing, you
close your eyes, because singing is so heavenly.
Sweetest friends, believe me… people who don’t believe in G-d don’t
have joy. They have fun. But joy? No.
Rebbe Nachman says… If you have holy chutzpah, then people really love you.
The question is are you G-d’s servant, or people’s servant? There is
no in between.
If you are a man’s servant, you are a slave. If you are G-d’s
servant, you are free. Completely free. Really, really free.
Rebbe Nachman says… Why are you so sad? Because everything goes wrong
in your life. But, gevalt, gevalt, do you know why everything goes
wrong? Because you are so sad.
Get the book here: